Thursday 28 October 2010

Life, Love and Music

I've been thinking about life recently. There's been a lot going on for me recently. I'm in my last year of school I turned eighteen a few weeks ago. I passed my driving test last week. I'm pretty much finished with university applications. My girlfriend and I passed the two and a half year mark in our relationship.

My mind has wandered to and fro, past and present yadda yadda yadda and I've thought more and more about what I want to do with my live in terms of career and work, where I'd like to live and all that adult jazz. My life is totally in God's hands and I don't know a thing abbout what the next ten second or ten years hold. but my heart is moving more and more between wanting to be a music journalist or critic, and I've been swirling all sorts of pipe dreams like starting a huge website like Pitchfork or DrownedInSound or a magazine or fanzine or even a record label one day. The time, resources and know-how are all lacking sadly at the moment, but I do however have this blog!

So, as of now and after this post, I'm going to try and share new bands and music and songs that I've discovered and got from all over the internet and word of mouth and wherever. I'll probably share my favourite oldies with you as well. I'll still post regular blog posts on whatever takes my fancy. We shall see where we're taken! I just really love the idea of sharing music I love, putting it out there and finding like minded people who agree with me and are made happy by something I've suggested to them. I don't want to ramble on in one of those mission statements that I'm incredibly earnest about but no one else really gives a toss about. It's all about good music at the end of the day right? So. Onwards!

1 comment: