Sunday 23 January 2011

She & Him - "Don't Look Back"



I posted on She & Him a little bit before Christmas, and then this afternoon I came across the video for their single "Don't Look Back" and just really felt like sharing it because it massively brightened up my Sunday :D

The video's pretty crazy really, Zooey Deschanel going all Stepford Wives on us. It's all bouncy, hip shaking, shoulder shimmying 60s flare, and makes me feel a bit like I'm watching the 60s bit from Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. I keep expecting Hard Day's Night-era Beatles to wander in. Zooey's singing about the fact that you've got to move on and strike out in new directions in life, but you still like the reassuring presence of the past behind you. Pretty apt for her and musical partner M Ward in their line of nostalgic modern folk.

This video might just be Zooey Deschanel hopping about, incredibly aware of the fact that she is possibly the most beautiful thing to ever be anywhere at any time ever, inflaming the fantasties of every post-Juno indie kid around, but hey - I'm not complaining.

This is a disarmingly lovable song, and I hope it brightens up your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment