Tuesday 5 April 2011

Hey Hey, USA.


Well tomorrow is the big day folks. The day we've all been waiting for. Well, the day I've been waiting for.

Yep, tomorrow I will set flight for America. Land of the free. I've never been before, so I'm rather excited. It's a school trip, touring round California, Nevada, LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas, all that jazz. There are prolific amounts of fun and banter ahead I imagine.

This post then is to say two things.

The first is that I'm suspending my still kept new year's resolution and now general principle too of publishing at least 2 blog posts a week. I get back on Saturday the 16th so it's highly doubtful I'll fit 2 in at the end of next week amidst vast swathes of trans-Atlantic jetlag.

The second thing is to give you a little insight into what I'm probably gonna be listening to as I blaze across the desert in a coach. From the looks of the things, there's gonna be as many iPod playlists as there are people, so it could end up as a very unsociable coach journey. But hey. We'll see.

This is what I've got lined up for my eardrums. I've been striving to slam some psychadelic desert sounding stuff together.

- Crosby, Stills & Nash. Hendrix described them as "groovy western sky music". Hell yeah.
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- The Doors. Lots of The Doors.
- Queens of the Stone Age. It's the desert, how could I not?
- John Lee Hooker
- The Great Society Mind Destroyers
- Cream
- Paul Robeson
- The Decemberists
- Credence Clearwater Revival
- Bob Dylan (Blonde on Blonde era)
- The Rolling Stones
- Arctic Monkeys (Humbug)
- Nick Drake
- The Stooges
- Iggy Pop
- Inverness
- America ("A Horse With No Name" of course)

So there you have it. I imagine that, if there are any "big tunes" to be had on the trip, they'll make themselves known. Fill you in when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment