Sunday 13 February 2011

Those Dancing Days - "I'll Be Yours"




I'm a big fan of the cold and rain if I'm honest; mainly because I enjoy wrapping myself up warm against it, sticking my headphones in and trotting of carefree through the puddles like a gangly, oversized 6 year old. In this cold and rainy February weather, you can derive a beautifully satisfying feeling of warmth and contentment when you find just the right song to set against the grey sheets of heavenly piss blowing in from the north. And for the last few days, that aforementioned song has been, for me, "I'll Be Yours" by Those Dancing Days, a worryingly cute bunch of indie pop girls from Sweden.

I first found these girls a few weeks ago when the NME made their track "Fuckarias" their track of week. I investigated and enjoy, and made a mental note to follow it up. They remind me of Summer Camp, Belle & Sebastian, Shout Out Louds, that sort of stuff. Somewhat surprisingly they're named after a Led Zeppelin track, but all hail s wealth of influences. When I discovered this track and its video, I just melted like butter. It's so beautifully, hopelessly romantic. All the band members are pushing the Zooey-Deschanel factor to the max, stunningly and indie-ly gorgeous. It's not contrived or sickly sweet or overly twee though. It's just wonderfully adorable, excitable, romantic indie pop. And mesmerisingly catchy! It makes me feel moronically happy and I want find everyone I love and give them a big, shameless hug.

They're signed to the wonderful Witicha Recordings so I would have expected nothing less than brilliance. Their sophomore album Daydreams & Nightmares is out March 7th, and I think that it's going to enjoy some heavy rotation in my house this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment